- Documents are used for content (blips) and data (data documents)
- Documents contains xml and annotations
- Annotation can specify range. Avoiding xml’s nesting problem
- Documents are stored as a series of deltas
- Delta is xml format too.
- Different clients will have to take the documents and render it the same way.
- Even if operations are applied in different order, they will still result in same data (operational transformation research)
For wave gadgets:
You may not want to update the gadget ui when user interact with it, you should just generate a state change, then wait for the state callback to change ui.
Seth demoed a +1 gadget. He also demoed a wave gadget being embedded on igoogle using embed API.
Wave is indexed in realtime. There is indexer watching change and update index for your search.
- Extending the google wave client
- Keyboard action, etc
- too concentrated on listening. Didn't copy things down.