Friday, June 26, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
- party1 calls wave.getState() to and sees that "gamehost" property is absent. So gamehost is not selected.
- party2 calls wave.getState() to and sees that "gamehost" property is absent. So gamehost is not selected.
- party1 go ahead and claim to be gamehost and write the state "gamehost=party1" (by calling wave.getState().submitDelta())
- party2 go ahead and claim to be gamehost and write the state "gamehost=party2"
- Now both side think they are the host. Whoever writes last will overwrite the other side's state.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Stat as of 2009/06/08
| || |
Number of units
Number of apps
40million (June 2009, before new iphone launches. It will surely increases after new iPhone launches.)
1st generation: 146k sold in first weekend
3g version: 1m sold in first weekend
50000 (June 2009)
1m g1 sold on t-mobile in Mar or Apr 09 according to one blog (approximately 5 or 6 months after launch).
According to another blog, 1m g1 is sold in 71 days (faster than 1st generation iphone)
Estimate 50k sold in first weekend (June 8, 2009)
Source: Iphone and Palm Pre figures: MG Siegler http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/08/40-million-iphones-and-ipod-touches-and-50000-apps/
Source: android data:
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
What type of things you can do beyond the standard Wave:
Developers can use the Wave API to extend the functionalities. Wave API allow us to implement new application that runs on Wave server (ie. Robot api), or client-side application that runs within a wave (ie. Gadget api). It also allows external website to add Wave functionalities to their site (ie. Embed api).
3 types of Wave API
Robot api allows developer to build an automated program that fills the role of a Wave participant.
API Language: Java, Python
The example of what this api can do include:
Translation robot: robot that automatically translates the text.
Link robot: robot that automatically change the typed link into a hyperlink.
Gadgets are client-side program that can be run inside a wave. Wave itself is a gadget container.
example: putting a voting gadget within the conversation to allow people to vote on a particular choice.
Embed api allows another web site to embed Wave on it. Right now, this is still quite limited. It basically contains an iframe where you can place a WavePanel in it. Then the website can add participant, add reply, or load an existing conversation.